Here’s the first roll out in a series of updates for this month of May.
We wanted to focus on the quality of your experience first, so appreciating the feedback from user Michael Rivers we have fixed the following issues:
- The stems were the wrong length (they should be an octave tall).
- Some of the stems were facing the wrong direction.
Before and After:
We apologize that we could not communicate with you Michael via the app store, Microsoft hasn’t enabled the ability for publishers to respond to reviews in the App Store for Windows Store apps yet.
- We have permanently lowered the price of the app to US $0.99. In the past the lowest price available was $1.49, but we feel like at this lower price point, more people will enjoy our app 🙂
- We refreshed the app logo.
Upcoming changes and Windows Phone update
- Windows Phone app will reflect these corrections to our musical notes. ETA: End of this week.
- Windows Phone app Spanish translation. ETA: this month.
- Quiz Mode for Windows & Windows Phone: we are 80% code complete on this feature, so we are hoping to be done this month.
A new set of features are coming soon, based on feedback and reviews written in the app stores, plus a couple of bug fixes and required changes to be Windows 8.1 – compliant, and Windows 10 and Windows Phone 10 compatible.
Here’s a summary of what we are working on:
- Quiz Mode
- Ability to hide known Flash Cards
- Unification of Windows Store App and Windows Phone App
- Keyboard support for users without touch screen (in some app modes)
- Storing preferences and learning progress in device
Expected Release Timeline
- Windows Store App – March 2015
- Windows Phone App – April 2015
What about iOS and Android?
People keep asking about these other platforms, and development for iOS and Android is expected to resume planning after the Windows and Windows Phone updates go live, so expect some news in Q2 2015, and potential releases in Q3 and Q4 this year, plus some other big news for the Maestro platform.
The latest update to Maestro Flash Cards (v1.2) is underway with the following features:
- A fix to address the “banding” effect that occurs when resizing the window to custom sizes.
- Addition of larger font sizes for note names for Bass and Treble clef sets.
The Windows 8 Phone edition is almost ready too! Here’s a sneak preview: