Thanks to recent changes and ongoing consolidation of the Windows App and Windows Phone App Stores, we have just “associated” our 2 Maestro Flash Cards apps.
What does this mean to you?
- If you purchased the app in either store, you will be able to download the app from the other store without paying for it again.
- The app can roam data across Windows and Windows Phone.
- An icon will be displayed in the store and Windows Phone Store to let customers know that if you get the app in one store you can download it in the other one (and vice versa).
A new set of features are coming soon, based on feedback and reviews written in the app stores, plus a couple of bug fixes and required changes to be Windows 8.1 – compliant, and Windows 10 and Windows Phone 10 compatible.
Here’s a summary of what we are working on:
- Quiz Mode
- Ability to hide known Flash Cards
- Unification of Windows Store App and Windows Phone App
- Keyboard support for users without touch screen (in some app modes)
- Storing preferences and learning progress in device
Expected Release Timeline
- Windows Store App – March 2015
- Windows Phone App – April 2015
What about iOS and Android?
People keep asking about these other platforms, and development for iOS and Android is expected to resume planning after the Windows and Windows Phone updates go live, so expect some news in Q2 2015, and potential releases in Q3 and Q4 this year, plus some other big news for the Maestro platform.
The Windows Phone version of Maestro Flash Cards has been submitted to the Windows Phone App Store for certification!
Here is a teaser screenshot of the app running on the simulator:
The app runs on all Windows Phone 8 devices.
Our first app “Maestro Flash Cards” is now available for download in the Windows Store and it runs on Windows 8 and Windows RT devices (Tablets, Laptops, Hybrids, All-In-Ones, and Desktop PCs).
The app offers an elegant and fun approach to learning music notes and music notation that resembles real Flash Cards.
We’d love to hear what you think, so please let us know.